Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back and Gazing Ahead

Happy 2012!

Looking back on 2011, it has been a good year but also a hard year. Of course the best thing about 2011 was welcoming Emmy into our family.


We've enjoyed this year with her and watching her grow. She is so much fun. 2011 also brought lots of illnesses and trips to either a hospital or a doctor and lots and lots of phone conversations with nurses. At one point Emmy's reflux was so bad and she was hardly eating that I was on the phone with a nurse 2-3 times per week for several weeks. So one of my biggest prayers is that we will have a very healthy 2012!

Jackson turned three this year. It's been so fun watching him and helping him learn so many new things. He's been especially interested in letters, numbers, shapes, etc. He still loves puzzles and books and stickers. He loves to sit at the kitchen table with me and do his "work books" which allow him to practice his "academic" skills.

Turning 3:

He has also been a bit challenging for us. We went through a couple of months of behavior issues but things are so much better now! He is such a sweet boy, loves to give hugs and kisses and daily asks Kevin and me if we are happy. He asks this because he understands that we have rules that he needs to obey and he wants us to be "happy" with him.

With Jackson's behavior and Emmy's reflux and health struggles the Lord has taught me so much. I am learning each day how I need to give all my cares, struggles, etc. to him and trust him to provide everything- strength, patience, kindness and many other things. I've learned a lot about myself and I am so grateful for God's overflowing grace!

So I wanted to report on my 2011 New Year's Resolutions. I participated in a P52 (1 picture a week for 52 weeks). It went pretty well but I didn't finish. I made it to week 41 of 52, only skipping 3 or 4 weeks in between. I was actually happy with how far I made it due to having a brand new baby and the above mentioned illnesses! So I am excited to participate in it again and I hope to finish. This year there are going to be theme's each week which I think will make for a fun challenge. You can read more about it here if you like: project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

Another big resolution that I had in 2011 was to learn more and do more sewing. I am happy with the amount of sewing I did and what I learned. I took a sewing class and learned how to make this dress:
I love this dress but it is somewhat time consuming. So I fell into making this very simple dress:


So my 2012 resolution is to continue sewing and continue learning. I definitely need to learn a new dress and I'm hoping to make some skirts, maybe pants and other things. I did learn how to sew bloomers which are perfect under all those dresses!

A few other resolutions I have are to read more books, cut our grocery budget and continue running/exercising consistently as well as some other things.

Look forward to what this year holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment