Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Time

I haven't gone this long between posts in a long time...so I think it's time. We have been very busy with life- from Christmas to New Years to back to school/work and then thinking we sold our house. (Side note: We thought we sold our house but we didn't so that's on hold). Maybe things will slow down now.

You are 19 months and I think so far the 18/19 month stage has been the hardest. Before I get into why I do want to say that you are still the most precious and sweetest boy I know. You are now calling me "mama" consistently and that is the sweetest word. After you are disciplined, if I ask you to say "sorry" you gently rub your hand against my cheek- makes my heart melt! My favorite time with you is when we sit in your rocker together before your nap and before bed and we read books. You still love music and you love to dance. You have learned a lot of new moves including: nodding your head, wiggling your hips, bouncing up and down and moving your arms around a lot. It is too cute!

So this stage has been hard for us for what I can only assume to be natural reasons. You are learning how to obey and learning to accept the word "no". You are learning how to accept when things don't go your way or something happens that you don't like. The other factor is that you are learning how to communicate. You don't have many clear words and you don't always know how to express what you want. Sometimes you will just say "please" over and over but we don't know what you are asking for. When we don't understand what you want you usually get frustrated. Daddy and I are learning too. We are learning how to do what is best for you and how to be consistent in our disciplining. It's all a learning process I guess.

There are still a lot of fun and happy times and overall you are a happy boy. You love for us to get down on the floor with you and play. You love to build huge towers with all the blocks you got for Christmas and you love to play with your barn and all the animals. You love to make all the animal sounds and pretend that the animals are eating their food. It is so fun to watch you play and learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment