Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year

You are seven months old today. As we are already 5 days into the new year I wonder what exciting and unexpected things the year will hold for you. I am certain there will be good days and bad days but I am looking forward to each one. My Christmas sadness didn't last long as we quickly entered the new year. The Lord has given me a sense of being refreshed and ready for whatever each new day may hold. I was very motivated by the sermon on Sunday...to be FIT for the new year (faithful, intentional, and teachable)...and I find myself looking forward to what the Lord will teach me this year. I am already so amazed at what the Lord has taught me just by being a mom. He has certainly increased my faith in Him and continues to show me that you are in His hands and how I can trust Him in all things...in little baby things and big life changing things! Just last night I was brought to tears when Daddy and I thanked our Lord for giving us the biggest blessing so far...you. You truly are a blessing and I continue to be amazed by how much I love you. So much that I cannot put it into words. And if I love you that much how much more does our Heavenly Father love you and me?

New things: You are getting closer and closer to crawling! You can get up, on your own, on all fours and rock back and forth. You have also started picking your hands up but you still aren't going anywhere. I wonder how long it will take you. On Saturday you pulled yourself up from sitting to standing on your own for the first time. You were sitting in your crib and you grabbed on to the side rail and pulled yourself up...better start keeping that rail up! We have introduced the sippy cup but so far you aren't too interested. You have taken a couple of sips of water but you didn't care much about it.
Learning to Crawl

No comments:

Post a Comment