Saturday, October 22, 2011

8 Months


Emmy is eight months today. I just love this little girl. Her little personality is starting to come out. She definitely has her opinion about things but she is still just a happy baby the majority of the time. She is definitely a mama's girl. She wants to be by my side every minute and expects me to sit and play with her every minute she's awake. So I've started doing some 'independent play time'. We did this with Jackson and it was really good. She definitely doesn't like it at first but then she will play on her own for about 15-20 minutes.

She now has 4 teeth. Her two at the top are both peeking through. Her two bottom one's came through at the same time and it looks like the two top ones will too. The top teeth haven't seemed to cause near the trouble as the bottom two did. She's a very good eater too. She now eats a large variety of fruits and vegetables but definitely loves the rice cereal and oatmeal the best.

She's not crawling yet but I still think it will be soon. She tries really hard but somehow only manages to scoot backwards instead of crawl forward. She is starting to try to pull up on things but really only makes it up to her knees. If I'm sitting next to her she's usually trying to climb all over me. She LOVES to grab my hands and stand up. This makes her really happy!

So I've started giving her some puffs which she loves. I remember when we first gave Jackson puffs and he would try to grab them with his palm and then stick his whole hand in his mouth. It was pretty funny to watch. I expected Emmy to do the same but she picks them up with the neatest little pincer grasp. She mastered that skill quickly! It's so fun to see how different Jackson and Emmy are.

Some actions shots:



I like this picture because you can see some of her teeth:

No comments:

Post a Comment