Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jack and Em


Jackson has been so sweet to his new baby sister. Since he was sick he didn't get to come to the hospital and he didn't get to really touch her or hold her until a few days after we had been home. He kept asking to "hold baby Emmy" and waited very patiently to have a turn. We are teaching him to pat and stroke her gently. He is very curious about her. He comes into a room and asks, "Where's baby Emmy?" or "What's baby Emmy doing?". He hasn't appeared jealous but has been spending LOTS of one on one time with Kevin. I am nervous about when Kevin goes back to work and I have these two kiddos on my own.


Emily had her first doctor visit yesterday and got an excellent report. She is already above her birth weight at exactly 8 pounds. The doctor was pleased to see this and happy with all we reported. Emily is eating 2-3 oz every 2-3 hours and has even gone a few 4 hour stretches.

2 comments:

  1. I just love Jackson's face in the second picture- so cute!! Glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deidre, Emily is absolutely beautiful! I think she looks like you! Jackson looks so mature holding his baby sister. I would love to come by and visit if you are taking visitors. :) Let me know when a good time is for you.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete