Monday, October 5, 2009

16 Months

You are 16 months today and it is such a fun age. You are talking nonstop! Most of your words sound like half words and you still have a lot of jargon, but I love to hear you talk. I wanted to keep up with the words you are saying so I made a list below. You love to sing and dance. You love to sing "Wheels on the Bus" and you can do most of the motions. You love to imitate. If I show you a sign or a hand motion you pick it up right away. Your favorite time of day is when I say, "Do you want to go?" You run to the door and say, "go" over and over again. Your favorite books are the Little People flap books and the Emergency Vehicles book. A new sign you have picked up is "more" and I've seen you sign "thank you" once. You have basically transitioned to one nap a day now. For about a month you have been taking a 30 minute morning nap and then a 2 hour afternoon nap. Now, you go down a little earlier and your nap is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. You are still very sweet. You love to hug and kiss and you will snuggle for about 2 seconds...then you're off!

da- daddy/mommy
moo
du-duck
du-Dora
do-Elmo
door
oo-woof
chu-truck
ease-please
go
mu-more
mi-milk
cucu-cookie/cracker
boo-balloon
bu-bear
hi/hey
ha-hat
ho-hot
shu-shoe
bush
yes
bir-bird
dye-bye
ba-ball
bu-bus
ush-woosh
huhuhu- hop, hop, hop

(These are all I can think of for now. And you still don't say "mama". I hope it will be soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment