Friday, January 16, 2009

"Happy To Be"


I love how easily you smile and laugh. Even in the midst of a runny, congested nose, constant sneezing, coughing, and ear pulling you are just "happy to be." You are happiest when I'm down on the floor reading you a book, or when we are snuggling in the bed, or when daddy is whispering in your ear, or tickling your tummy. There are so many things that the Lord is teaching me and I know He wants me to be "happy to be" (content wherever He has me). How many times do I wish a day or time away? I was reminded through another blogger that:

"In the big picture I desperately want time to slow down so I can hold them a little longer, but I confess, in the day to day, I wish far too much time away. So this year, I am trying to savor more moments. Every moment seems way too ambitious, and doomed for failure, but I know I can grab hold of just a few more a day." http://thediaperdiaries.net/slowing-down-to-the-finish/

I truly want to savor every minute with you because I know I will never get this time back. So while I think to myself, "I wish it were Spring so it wasn't so cold", or "I wish it were Summer so I wouldn't have to go to work", or even "I wish it were the weekend so I could rest" I am ultimately wishing time with you away. Because it's in those freezing cold days that I get to snuggle with you and play peek-a-boo under the covers and it's going to work that makes me even more excited to be with you when I get home and more appreciative of our time together and so many other things that I won't be able to remember or enjoy if I am wishing time away. So thank you Jackson, for being "happy to be".

No comments:

Post a Comment