Thursday, July 21, 2011

We've Been Busy


July has flown by. We have spent the majority of this month trying to resolve Emmy's tummy issues. In the past three weeks we have been on three different medicines and three different formulas. She has good days and bad days and then a REALLY bad day thrown in here and there. She has days where she takes really good naps and then days where she won't sleep at all. Without enough sleep she gets fussy which is new for her. Her doctor suspects that she may have a milk allergy or some lactose intolerance so we are on soy formula. And sometimes the side effects of the medicine she's on seems worse than the reflux that it's treating. Lots of things going on with her that may or may not be resolved. I feel like I've spent the majority of the past three weeks either in the doctor's office or on the phone with the nurse. We are praying fervently for the healing of sweet Emmy girl's tummy.


She'll be five months tomorrow!

Somewhere during all of this Jackson developed swimmer's ear. So he was at the doctor too as I thought for sure he had an ear infection. I had suspected something was wrong- his behavior was speaking volumes- and the night before I took him to the doctor he told me, "mommy, there's a bee in my ear". Sure enough he had swimmer's ear in both ears which meant drops for a week. Not fun!

And can you believe I don't have any new pictures of Jackson since the fourth of July? I do believe I've tried but he's not really into smiling sweetly for the camera. :) I must try harder! But I do have a picture of this little guy:


Our pet bunny. He lives in our backyard and I love watching him from the kitchen window. He comes out to nibble on some grass and once in awhile we leave him a treat, such as blueberries or carrots. Jackson loves him, gets so excited when he spots him in the backyard, but can't contain his excitement...so mr. bunny quickly scurries away.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with new Jackson pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment