Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Stats

Today was well check up day. I took both kids. Jackson for his three year and Emmy for her four month. It was a little chaotic. Good thing I made a list of all my questions for both kids- I would have never remembered them all. Anyway, it went well overall. Both kids are healthy and growing well- definitely something to be thankful for. Here's an update on the kiddos:

Jackson:
Weight: 30.2 pounds
Height: 37 inches

I told Jackson to make a silly face and here's what I got:

It's still hard to believe Jackson is three. It's amazing how quickly he is growing and all the new things he is learning. He still eats well. He needs a little more convincing than he used to to eat his veggies but he usually gives in pretty quickly. Jackson still continues to take good naps. I usually wake him up after two hours (I'm not sure how long he would actually sleep). He goes to bed at 7:30 but usually doesn't fall asleep until after 8. He wakes up between 6 and 6:30 and will often crawl in bed with us and go back to sleep for another 30 minutes to an hour. It's sweet because he really likes to snuggle. I love it!

The other day I read "Curious George goes to a Costume Party" to Jackson before nap time. Jackson said he wanted it to be Halloween so I asked him what he wanted to be this year. His response: "I'll be a princess". Love it! He's so much fun!

Emmy:
Weight: 14 pounds 8 ounces (75th percentile)
Length: 25 1/2 inches (90th percentile)

Here's Emmy at 4 months:

She's the absolute sweetest baby! She takes three naps a day. The first two are usually 2 1/2 hours sometimes as long as 3. The third is anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. A lot of times she takes the third nap in the swing. She goes to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 and eats at 9:00 without waking up and then sleeps until between 7:00 and 7:30. It's so nice to be getting a full nights sleep. I can't even remember the last time Emmy woke up before 6:45 which is such a blessing.

One of my favorite times is when I go in her room in the morning to get her up and as soon as she sees me she gets a huge smile on her face. She smiles and laughs all day and has the sweetest spirit. I really only hear her fuss when she gets really tired. Otherwise she is very content.

I am loving every minute of being home with these two this summer.

1 comment: