Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lemony Blueberry Muffins

I love all the fresh fruit in the summer and you do too! I am so grateful for what a good eater you are. You eat a variety of meat, vegetables, fruits, grains, etc. You will really eat almost anything I put on your plate. One of your current favorites is yogurt. You call it "du" because there is a picture of Dora on the container. I haven't given you too many sweets but I decided to make some home made muffins for us to enjoy. I like them because they aren't too sweet and they are made with fresh blueberries! You definitely enjoyed them.





Lemony Blueberry Muffins
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups sugar
4 t baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 beaten egg
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup cooking oil (I like canola oil)
1 lemon (zest & juice)
1 pint blueberries (two cups)

Mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together beaten egg, milk, and oil, lemon zest, and squeeze in the juice from one lemon. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just moistened. Try not to over mix your batter- I know it's hard! Fold in blueberries. Place in prepared muffin pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Be careful not to overcook these- they cook quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment